The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

loud clicking from glovebox side of dash

Hey all- Just wanted to throw this out here and see if anyone can save me what could be hours. When I turn the key to the on position, BEFORE starting the VR4, sometimes, I get a loud clicking from the glove box area. I'm assuming it's a relay of some sort, fuel pump, but, that's just a guess. Obviously, the clicking stops after about 2-3 seconds and I fire it up and go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Phil

Fever

Its MFI relay:
74055d1181580167-mfi-mpi-relay-mfi-connector.jpg

evo8ya

Yup MFI relay. #259 had a bad ECU and what usually happends is the ECU will malfuntion causing the MFI relay to reset and click like crazy. I would pull the ECU and check the caps before it leaves you stranded on the road.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That is exactly the problem. The internal ground circuit for the fuel pump side of the relay is typically one damaged in the ECU and will cause this.

Terry Posten

Yes, pull the ECU and check to make sure your caps are not leaking.

Get it fixed fast or get ready to buy a new ECU.

Spend $50 now or $300+ in a few weeks.

Terry Posten

Terry Posten

Then read this:

click

(shameless plug)

curtis

Mail it to Terry Tuesday AM

Wow, thanks guys! You guys are awesome......Ok, I will pull the ECU ASAP and give it a check......Terry repairs ECU's is what you're saying? How do I contact him?

Ok, Terry Posten in this thread I'm assuming is who you mean...I read it so fast I didn't look at the names. I'm familiar with the capacitor probs in the ECU's as I have a talon, I'm just green to all the intracacies of the VR4's.......I will pull the ECU today and check it out......and report back.....thanks again!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts