The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BC 288 cams

Terrance362

What kind of valve spring can I run with these cams. I have HKS single spring. Please let me know I am in the process of picking cams, but I am going to get kiggly HLA. Let me know thank. I wanted to order today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Polish

You plan on running 7's?

The 280 is more cam than 99% of people need, let alone a 288.

Terrance362

family car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lonewolf64

I'll just go ahead and say that BC288 cams are almost certainly overkill unless you are planning on competing with Brent Rau.

/thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

Kiggly Bee hives, Supertech Duals, Ferrea if you got the$$$ I think Groden still has some billet titanium retainers for those

Terrance362

I am thinking about the kigggly ones. I already have manley tit. retainers. I just might have to sell my hks valve springs. I don't know I just might just get 280's and build another head with 1mm over valves and kiggly valve springs. I am trying to get the car running and I really don't need to change my plans, because I will never finish the build.

I would not waste any money of BC cams. Get yourself some Kelford cams. 280's would work very well, however if you are going to spin that motor up there 288 will kick ass also. But ditch the BC cams.

DR1665

Quoting Terrance362:
manley tit. retainers.

Paging the custom title squad to the white courtesy phone. Custom title squad to the white courtesy phone.

Olson

Quoting TheBoz:
I would not waste any money of BC cams. Get yourself some Kelford cams. 280's would work very well, however if you are going to spin that motor up there 288 will kick ass also. But ditch the BC cams.

could you tell me your thought on the bc 280s. I'm running them and have no problem at all i they are a deff improvement.

I have seen other people running the BC stuff and helping them with there tunes, I have just seen that the BC cams just dont perform. I have seen better results from HKS 272's. Along with the countless posts about BC quality control, I would rather spend some real money on a good set of cams. As far as the BC 280's and making more power, you will make more power however for me I would not ever run any BC products in my car. Even if I got the BC stuff for free I would not run it, and yes it has been offered to me, and I still paid the 500+ for the kelfords.

Olson

hu interesting well thanks for the info.
i dont want to make this a flame fest but my buddy Biglady112 made 461 hp with is 1.6 with bc280s. I think that is respectable

I have bc 272 cams valve springs and ti retainers and i have to say they work great.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts