The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Little help. Brakes and Steering Q's

broxma

Short and sweet.

The car is not on the road so long term trends I can't address yet.

Brake issue.

ABS removed. Hardlines from a 1G. No fluid leaks. With the car turned off, pedal has feel like the car is turned on. It doesn't build pressure and then become almost impossible to push. It maintains a running car normal feel. It builds pressure but never full. With the car on, pedal has some resistance but goes to floor. Will build some pressure through repeated pushes but let it sit 5 seconds and pressure goes away.

I suspect MC/BB issue. Thoughts.

Steering issue.

Hardline running across rack to passenger side leaking at input fitting. Before I remove the rack again, does anyone know if that hardline has an o-ring where it goes into the fitting? Pic below shows fittings I'm talking about.

216as0.jpg

Thanks.

/brox

broxma

I picked up a 92 Q45 Master cylinder today and will see if it fixes the problem with the brakes. My research last night pointed to the MC being the culprit.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned