The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1000cc injectors, (DELPHI)?

MellowVR4

has any one here ever or currently using delphis 1000cc injectors. what do you think, are they good or bad injectors. let me know. thnx

First off, there is no such thing. Anyone who calls their Delphi injectors "1000cc" is lying to you. They typically only flow ~935cc @ 43.5psi, where most injectors are rated. AFI and PTE like to call them 1000cc so they can sell more of them I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Anyway, they are basically the same Delphi injector as their 650cc, 750cc, and 850cc injector, just with slightly larger orifices. Are you planning on running E85, or why do you need so much fuel?

if you plan on using e85 i would consider FIC 1150cc injectors. we have them on three cars right now and they idle and run like stock except for slight cam lope. they came with a flow chart showing how much each injector flows and the percentage of variance between highest and lowest flowing. havent failed us yet.

MellowVR4

i am planning on running e85 with 255fp, 2g maf, big16g, afpr,

rgeier11

Quoting darksideauto:
if you plan on using e85 i would consider FIC 1150cc injectors. we have them on three cars right now and they idle and run like stock except for slight cam lope. they came with a flow chart showing how much each injector flows and the percentage of variance between highest and lowest flowing. havent failed us yet.

What sort of other support fuel mods do they have? -6an lines? 2 pumps? I'm curious as I'd like to make the switch in my Talon.

our black 2g gsx is running stock fuel line/fpr, and one 255lph pump. the red 2g gsx has the same setup with two 255lph pumps but its got a big aem fpr. the 1g gsx is running two external 255lph but it has -6 lines, FIC rail, and aem fpr. my vr4 has two 3kgt pumps in the tank and stock fuel line. all of these setups work for us, but make sure you know what your fuel pressure is because with two pumps the stock fpr and lines dont flow enough. my vr4's fuel pressure is over 50psi and we couldnt get the black gsx under 50psi without removing the second pump. btw my car doesnt run e85 it runs 112 leaded and it has 850cc not 1150cc. thought i would throw it in there for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianawd

If your willing to spend the money on good injectors take a look at these click They are a killer injector that work really really good.

MellowVR4

you think 680cc would be fine on a 190fp, with b16g at roughly 18 to 20psi

MellowVR4

i ment running the 190fp 680cc on 93 octane

Muskrat

A rewired Walboro 190 will flow about 162 L/hr at 58 psi (aka 21 psi boost in a GVR4)

This equates to 2700cc/min. This is 675 cc/min per injector at peak flow. Or 99% duty cycle. Basically this means your injectors MAX flow is the same as your fuel system. Not nessisarily a bad thing, but if you crank the boost up any more, you're injector's will be able to outflow your pump = bad. If you don't know already I'd suggest researching how our fuel system works, and flow charts for your fuel pump.

Now, you don't want to run your injectors at 100% duty cycle. Basically that means they're just dumping fuel, with no control. Typically around 80% max duty cycle is desirable. That means the max fuel you want to flow is 544cc/min per injector, if your injectors actually flow 680cc/min.

What you need to figure out is how much fuel you need to reach your HP goals. You say "18-20 psi", what HP are you targeting? 300bhp?

Turbo Tech 101Read that and the next couple sections (102, 103). It's a great starter on turbo systems, and should help you estimate what psi you need to run to reach your goal, and how much air you will be flowing.

Also, once you set a HP goal you can use an injector calculator to size your injectors. (google it) Remember you want to target 80% duty cycle, and to leave some room for error's in your assumptions.

Last edited:

Quoting MellowVR4:
i am planning on running e85 with 255fp, 2g maf, big16g, afpr,

With that setup I would run the FIC 1050cc or 1150cc injectors. If you only plan on a single 255 pump, you might as well get the 1050's, as a single 255 pump, even a rewired 255HP, can't support much more than 950cc injectors anyway. The 1050's and 1150's have a GREAT spray pattern, so they run great on E85 or pumpgas.

MellowVR4

thank you all, great advice. preciated all the help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned