The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Greddy E-Manage Ultimate><dsm link v3 lite

MitchooO

i am gathering the final major peices and dont want to leave out the ecu...i was thinking on the new dsm link or w/e its called, ecm link? but i have been talking my friend who has just got done taking the classes at efi university and we have looked very hard at wat i really need to run my setup and the e manage ultimate seems like a good way, but havent heard much about them yet. so if anyone could give me a little feedback or comment on wat they may have heard it would be great, it is a decked .40 over block, stock crank, manley I beams, ross 8.5:1 with a new slowboy head, cometic gasket, arp studs, stock cams for now, factory port im guessing.. with 850cc injectors stock intake mani for now, a long tube top mount with 44mm gate, GT4094r twinscroll t4, 2.5 IC piping all the way to the TB with GM 3" maft setup....i think thats all...so i guess wat im asking... has anyone tried the ultimate yet? or any evo guys that have with close the the same setup.. thanks for any replies!

- also... i plan on buying the extra sensors to run all the necesary equipment to use the emanage to its full potential and run a map setup instead of the maf

Last edited:

E-manage ultimate is a VPC you control from your laptop. It's still a piggy-back.

My suggestion is running a 3 Bar MAP, DS-map, and an ostrich for real time up/downloads of BINs.

All can be had for around $350

Andy_S

The mr2 guys love it, but they don't have many solutions since there is nothing you can do with an oem ecu. It still is essentially a piggyback, but it intercepts at the injectors instead of the airflow signal. Its way better than a safc in that regard. In my opinion though, the dsm ecu has many great solutions that are native and very powerful. Ecmlink, ostrich, or a chip will be better considering it isn't a piggyback.

In the end though, you will most likely reach the same results with whatever route you chosse.

Telecaster

Ecmlink is a lot more easier with its interface. Not only that but they have a very good forum to help you out. All you have to do is post a log and you'll get pretty good feed back. I've also heard some things on emanage burning out ignition coils.

Scientist

I've done E-manage installs and base tunes on 5 cars thus far. Its pretty powerful and Can do quite a lot. Haven't had any issues with them except for mistakes made during initial wiring or once one of the car specific harness' had a cold joint.

Next month I'm going to be converting a VVTi 2JZ-GTE supra to use a GM 3.5 bar map sensor with the E-manage since those cars came equipped with MAFs

G

Staff member
What about the aem fic click ?

i would use dsmlink. the price really cant be beat for features, ease of use, and install.

MitchooO

all i want to make sure of is that i can setup aintilag between shifts and for launching at the strip... and be able to control any fuel or timing map possible... can dsm link do the antilag stuff?

brisvr4

Dsmlink has antilag and you have good control over timing and afr maps as well.
Have a look at the site over there and that will give you all the info you are looking for.
I run antilag and NLTS and love it!

MitchooO

i think im going to go with dsm link or the dsmap setup...but definetly the v3 lite if it has everything i need...i am far from being anything close to someone who can tune..but my friend is willing to show me some basics and i know dsmlink has wayyy better support than greddy lol.. i read about the lite still having antilag and speed density setups, is anyone running the lite? instead of the twice as expensive full v3?

BoostedAWD91

i am in the same predicament between goin with dsmlink v3 or ds-map. DS-Map is fairly cheap but its only around $200 less than dsmlink. If i decide to go with Dsmlink im not sure which configuraton to use. one of the mafs or speed density

MitchooO

i thought i had mentioned thats one of the options i want to do in my last reply... or maybe you didnt catch that

raptorWagon

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
i am in the same predicament between goin with dsmlink v3 or ds-map. DS-Map is fairly cheap but its only around $200 less than dsmlink. If i decide to go with Dsmlink im not sure which configuraton to use. one of the mafs or speed density

DS-map is still in its' beta and free, you're only paying for the parts; map sensor, iat sensor and bung, ostrich and a wideband if you don't already have one. Also if you really want plug n play for the map & iat sensors to the maf plug you can get the harness off of FullThrottleSpeed.com SD 1g Harness . Whatever floats your boat though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

I am pretty sure I'm gonna go with v3 lite. Seems great for the price and all the support u need

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned