The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tuning help needed

ducttapeguy

Hey everyone. I just picked up Nate's old galant and brought it up to Ft Drum to use as a DD. The car is in awesome shape. Its got almost 1000 miles on the engine now and it just got fresh oil a few days ago. It drives great off boost but as soon as I get into it it stutters and it sounds like the wastegate is opening randomly or the BOV is doing its thing. I dont think its fuel cut because its not like hitting a wall just feels like its hesitating. I dont know where to begin with the tuning. I took a video of a pull on the highway that I will put up soon so yall can see what Im talkin about. Here is a link to the for sale post with a mod list. I will post up what the SAFC and VPC settings are here in a little bit. Any help is appreciated.

Tyler

ducttapeguy

OK here are the VPC and the SAFC settings:

VPC
Response is at about the 5 o'clock
Gain at the 9
Idle at the 12
OP out at the 12

SAFC
Throttle Point
Lo 30% Hi 70%

Lo throttle Hi throttle
1000 -42 -32
2000 -34 -27
3000 -28 -23
4000 -23 -22
5000 -18 -19
6000 -16 -17
7000 -16 -13
8000 -15 -11

Nate told me that the chip thats in the car is for 650cc injectors and there are 750cc injectors in it now. Before you ask, no. I dont have a logger or Wideband O2 yet. The logger is on the way. Im not planning on going out racing but I do want the car to not break up under boost. I just dont know where to begin. I dont know if its getting too much fuel or not enough. The stock boost gauge turned knock gauge registers no knock at all that Ive seen. I am putting 93 pump gas in it and today I put 13 gallons in at 202 miles so my mileage isnt too good. Any input? Thanks

Tyler

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned