The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wiring Harness

Terrance362

I was just on dsmtalk.com and I saw a thread with a guy that redid his wiring harness and used these connectors.
I have already ordered and I will soon start on my harness. Here are some more pics of his work.

TylerAdamson

Where did you buy the plugs from and did you get the crimper to go along with it? I've always had a thing for mil spec wiring but its a relatively time consuming and expensive endeavor.

Terrance362

here is the link. click
At the moment I have not gotten the entire kit yet I just got the main connectors. I will get the crimper as soon as I get the connector kit.

BoostedAWD91

i would love to have that harness but i just dont have the time nor patience to do that. Someone should start producing those harness for our cars as a set. Yes i know thats probably never happen but it sure would be nice

raptorWagon

We call those connectors "Cannon plugs", it's awesome when those fall apart on the plane, or someone puts it on wrong and bends all the pins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif.

These pliers are used best with them - Cannon Plug Pliers
796.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sixsixtwo

Even though I also know that it will never happen, I would like to say how awesome it would be if someone would made these harnesses for us. I would imagine that they would sell pretty well since they would probably still be cheaper than a new harness from the dealer.

Last edited:

curtis

Me being ex military aviation as well as civilian sector its not going to happen. The price tag on cannon plugs especially the big ones plus the price of the sensor, ISC, injector plugs etc being what they are then copper, shielded wire, pins, techflex, lashing string and heat shrink you could easily have 5 to 600 in just parts then all day to do one up. This is not counting crimpers, red and white insertion tools etc Just to get started to build 10 complete harnesses you would need to drop about 4 to 5 grand in supplies then to sell them would need to pay for all of this and just make 30 to 40% your looking at 1K for a complete harness. Not many people are going to drop a grand for a harness for a stock ecu. If you did it for megasquirt or an aem same goes there. So many combination's and applications being slightly different these would never sell. For example Painless Wiring I think sells an LS1 harness for like 750 and its simple and just GM weather proof connectors.

Now everyone loves these and think there the be all end all of baller status on a car but if they were so great why does the aircraft avionics guys and electricians spend 18 hour days fixing helicopters 7 days a week. 80% of the work orders I wrote up for my 6 apaches was to the avionic shops or to armament electricians because the gun wouldn't shoot or only shoot 10 rounds then stop or a missile would hang on a rack. Ground blocks becoming debonded was a big problem as well as cannon plug pins expanding and contracting and loosing connections. It got so bad for a while they assigned a avionics and an electrician to each flight platoon so we didn't have to write up work orders anymore, we just had hand our guy the log book and say go do work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned