The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

holy injector batman.

curtis

Sitting here waiting on Santa and started researching.

Thinking instead of a single or dual meth nozzle in the IC pipes why not 4 small injectors on the runners just behind the fuel injectors. Less puddles and better cloud of vapor hitting the cylinders.... Ford basic economy cars have like 11 lbs in those which are 115cc not sure which little ones are safe to run cause meth eats stuff but I'm sure its been done.

This could be done with a hobbs pressure switch for easy and cheap or with an additional injector driver set-up either way don't hear much about it so I start google searching and find Mike Moran has his own big boy stuff. Try titanium nitrite coated rebuildable with removable lowers that flow 6300cc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Its just silly needing stuff that big. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

click me

curtis

atc250r

Staff member
Methanol doesn't eat stuff like it was acid or something. Most of the damage that happens from it is because it absorbs a lot of water and that is what corrodes stuff. I'm not an authority on it but I did work with my friend on running his ATV on it for a couple of years and I did a good bit of reading on it at the time.

BTW, the turbo Buick guys have been adding a seventh injector for years. Look around on one of their sites and you'll probably find something on it.

John

Last edited:

Gimpin

do you think its possible to idle those on an AFC?

atc250r

Staff member
Idle what? The innjector will not come on until a certain boost is achieved so idle isn't an issue.

EMX5636

Quoting Gimpin:
do you think its possible to idle those on an AFC?

You could probably wire 2 SAFC's in series to be able to pull more fuel out, then it should work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

cheekychimp

So could those injectors be used for water? It says all billet stainless steel construction but are the internals not corrosion resistant?

Gimpin

Quoting atc250r:
Idle what? The innjector will not come on until a certain boost is achieved so idle isn't an issue.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif it was suppose to be a joke ... I hear the ricer honda guys all the time asking if they can idle 1600s on an AFC

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned