The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How do i wire up my clutch for 2- step ?

galant412

How do i wire up my clutch up for 2- step with a keydive chipe in a galant i can not figure it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

belize1334

Technically you don't need the clutch wire for 2-step. You can still tap the throttle to select between the various rpm options and the 2-step will function anytime the vehicle speed is low (less than say 5mph). The clutch wire is for the NLTS feature which I don't even use so I've never installed mine. If you do want it hooked up you you can follow the instructions on the FAQ page for DSMChips.com.

galant412

Thanks i will try this out. Is there a in line resistorse in this y you make in?

atc250r

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the clutch wire is used for launching as well as the NLTS. When the car is sitting still with the clutch down it will rev up to the RPM selected for the launch control, when the car is moving with the clutch down it will go to the NLTS RPM.

John

If the chip has BOTH NLTS and the stutterbox launch rev liters, you need the clutchwire to get either of them to work. If you need to build your own clutchwire, here is the diagram, except the GVR-4 clutchwire you cut is black/red striped:

galant412

hey thanks i will have to go try this out Thanks alot.

belize1334

Quoting keydiver:
If the chip has BOTH NLTS and the stutterbox launch rev liters, you need the clutchwire to get either of them to work. If you need to build your own clutchwire, here is the diagram, except the GVR-4 clutchwire you cut is black/red striped:

I guess my chip doesn't have NLTS then cause my stutterbox works fine and I never installed the clutch-wire.

Yes, that is correct. Your chip does not have NLTS, so it doesn't need the clutchwire for the stutterbox launch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts