The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

p/s problems...any suggestions?

Alright...got the motor put in, trany put in (for the second time). Got everything wired up. Put a quart of p/s fluid in the resivour, thaught alright she's good to go. Walked around passenger side of car...my quart of p/s fluid was all over the ground. Kinda depressing but after working on dsms for the past few years it didn't really get me down. Okay here's where the fun begins. I crawled back underneath the car and found where my leak was coming from and boy is it going to be a joy to fix. I was going to see if anyone had any suggestions as to repairing these lines without removing the rack...:

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

I was thinking about using a 90 degree fitting where the top line runs into the rack and bending some brake line, bypassing where the line runs underneath the bracket holding the rack...that was just my first idea...anyone have any others?

Bump...used a line wrench on the fitting running into the rack and almost rounded it off, and thats after i let it soak in pb blaster for a good while....narrowed the leak down to where the two lines run underneath the bracket. If it don't rain here tomorrow Ima try some Mcgiver sh*t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

atc250r

Staff member
I'd just get a rack from a 1G DSM and be done with it. Those appear to be lines for the 4WS, not worth even fooling with IMHO.

John

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Those lines unfortunately rust most under that rubber where moisture gets trapped. Mine did exactly that same thing. I was able to replace one of them without removing the rack, but the other required lowering the rack to access the driver's side end fitting.

I did repair them, and the lines were available, but it was a bit of work. Removing/eliminating the 4ws as John says is one option.

Struc

One of those lines, I'm pretty sure, is the crossover from the left side to the right side, and is needed regardless of if you have the 4ws working or not.

I was able to get a new OEM one from JNZ. Alas, it's still sitting in my garage, as the one time I looked at replacing it, it seemed like WAY too much work without a lift.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yes, one of them is. I did both of those on my car summer 2008.

Yep...that's exactly where it's leaking from. Were the lines run through that rubber piece. I'm going to try and splice out the bad parts and use brake line/ compression fittings to patch it up. That's what I'm saying now. I've went out to "fix" this twice now and each time my previous plan gets foiled and i go back to the drawing board. We'll see...if it ever stops raining here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts