The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

car wont start, complete power loss

so today i go to try and start 1119 for the first time after this build car has a safc2 maft apexi turbo timer, aftermarket fuel pump with rewire. i go to start at 12 volts and it drops down to 6.5 and does not crank. after 3 times the car drops to 6.5 and the ecu and everything shut down. all fuses are intact and fine.... im getting very pod with this car as its been a money pit for 4 years now and now she really wont start...... any suggestions on were to start? i dont understand how it just lost all power and now the ecu wont even turn back on..... any suggestions would be greatfull.... i hate this f***ing car

Last edited by a moderator:

yes sir.... i have a interstate truck and suv batterie and it was ay 12.0volts.... i tried to swap to my red top out of the eclipse and it did the same exact thing. they were very snug.... i removed the ecu and took it apart the caps arnt leaking.... the safc groung wire came apart when i took the ecu out... so maybe the bad ground is the colprit... but i also looked threw all the wireing on the car and i made a stupid mistake for the turbo timer.... the ground goes to the frame unlesss connected to the o2 then it goes to the ecu.... i had the o2 connected with the ground to the frame.... so im going to redo those mistakes as well as check the ecu with my brothers galant before putting his ecu in my car..... its deffinatly no bueno.. however...

BoostedAWD91

Yeah you possibly have a bad ground cable or a short in the power wire. I would check all the cables first

yea im going to tackle the safc wires and turbo timer tommorow re wire it and re check everywire i can see and get my hands on. today i was just trying to get it from jsb'in in the driveway...bartlett police havnt been diggin it as much as i have. i hope i can get her up n running tommoro with some pics.. but tonight its been snowin and in the 20's so i dont think i can pull much more of a later night..lol

well i rewired the safc 2 and now it still dosent turn back on but my ecu turns back on. i also cut the o2 wire coming from the turbo timer. it still loses 5 volts when you try to crank it dropping to 6.5 volts..... i have a 2g trans where is the neutral safety switch.... maybe thats why the cars not cranking... but i cant find any lose grounds anywhere else..... does anyone have any suggestions.... no one has even replied except boostin awd... common guys

CarRacer

Try removing the starter and running power directly to it? It might be drawing far too much.

its supposed to be 40 degrees tommorow deffinatly will try that tommrow thanks for the input ill post results up asap

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts