The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

starters on awd

Hey guys found out the hard way this weekend that the awd flywheel is not the same as the fwd flywheel duhh!!! well anyway i was wondering is the starter the same since the fly wheel is roughly 1/4 smaller in radius. let me know thanks in advance. Waiting on fireing it up untill i found out dont wanna do any damage to flywheel or starter...

jepherz

Staff member
I believe the only difference between AWD and FWD (turbo, anyways) is the diameter of the starter gear. But yes, the FWD unit has a larger diameter overall.

Dialcaliper

The actual starter is the same. Though, in addition to the flywheel, the FWD bellhousing is smaller, and it positions the starter in the right place for the smaller FWD flywheel.

jepherz

Staff member
^^ Think you have that backwards. The AWD bellhousing is smaller, as well as the AWD flywheel.

Thanks alot guys actualy got it started today still have to button a few things up its in my beater TSI now but it will be the heart of 11 when i get done nickle and diming my self to death thanks again

oooo and also for some reason i can not come into technical discussions it kicks me right out and have to resign in but any other forum is fine any ideas?????????

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts