The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how to tell if 92 up or 91 and lower block??????????

ok i have a 6 bolt motor im assembling and im looking for the torque specs for the crank and i need to know how to tell what year the block is so i know what the torque specs are. does anyone know how to tell what is what thanks alot

jepherz

Staff member
You're probably thinking '92 and up (build date) which corresponds somewhat to '93 and up (model year). Like was mentioned above, the only difference is 6 bolt vs. 7 bolt.

ok so what year did they start 7 bolt

and my owners manual says 51 ft lbs for 92 and earlier and 92 and later is 18ft lbs and an extra 90 degrees thanks

NateCrisman

6bolt: 51ft-lb
7bolt 18ft-lb + 90*

atc250r

Staff member
To determine if its a 92 and up (i.e. 7 bolt block) you can tell by the shape of the oil pan. I'm 99% sure the info is on VFAQ.

John

fivestardsm

4th month of 92 is when the engine switched over to the 7 bolt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned