The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5 lug front hub wheel stud removal,please help.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gifI have a broken stud, and the only way I can think of getting it out is by removing the bearing.
Does anyone know how to remove it?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm in the long process of converting to 5 lug, just to fit my 3kgt brakes and put bigger wheels.

atc250r

Staff member
Either press the bearing out or mangle the ABS ring. If there is no abs ring you should be able to do it.

John

fivestardsm

The wheel stud? is that what you are trying to replace? Just knock it out, it will come out from the back side, and you will beable to put the new one right back through. The only thing you have to remove is the brake caliper, caliper bracket, and the rotor.

Although, you will have to find the one spot when you turn the hub around that will let you slip the bolt out WITH OUT removing the entire bearing assembly.

This part is different because it's from a 1g eclipse with abs. The abs hub in the back doesn't let you just get the studs out with a wack.
I just finished removing the stud and added some pics,I hope it helps someone in the forum. It should show up in the "how to" soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

I have to give a big appology here, I completly forgot about the ring, and did not pay attention to the privious post by John. Sorry guys, I didnt mean to give the wrong information.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned