The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What size wastegate do you suggest using with a FP red turbo

4Grim

I am getting ready to get the new turbo setup on #1948 and I am upgrading from a E3 big 16g to a FP Red turbo. I am going with a external setup and seeing those that are running or know anybody that are running a FP red turbo on their DSM/GVR4 what size wastegate they are running along with a FP red. I am looking most likely to run a Tial Vband wastegate and not sure if I should run a external dump or recirculate back into the exhaust.

Any input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NateCrisman

Pretty much any Tial external will do. The new 38mm MVS wastegate from tial is Vband, very small (easy to work around), and relatively inexpensive. Mine held as low as 14psi on spring pressure alone without creep.

Junior392

I currently have an FP Red setup with an external 38mm Tial waste-gate. The 38mm is good for 2.5 BAR which is equal to 36.75PSI; Which I feel is plenty for this setup. I also purchased a 02 housing that recirculate’s the waste-gate right into the down pipe. I like it because it’s cleaner and not as loud as a dump. I believe that the 38mm is the smallest that Tial provides; but I haven’t had any boost creep with it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts