The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dust sheilds for big brakes

curtis

So what did you guys to for your larger rotors.

I've got the 13 cobras with camaro calipers about to go on and pondering what I need to do for shields. I was thinking I could just buy a set from ford and cut them and tig them to the inside on the factory ones or just go to walmart and get some cheap pizza pans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The old 4 runner I parted out had a vent on the back for a cold air charge may do that as well.

Need to order new seals and bearings before I do this as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

fivestardsm

I like the pizza pan idea!

toybreaker

iconoclast
The front brake shields from a mid/late eighties Mazda Rx-7 may be what you're looking for.

Made from aluminum with cooling louviers from the factory.

The louviers are nicer than the 'runner ducts because they won't let anything big get trapped behind the rotor.

This is particulalryly attractive in your case...

When you move the car out to mow the yard, no rocks will get behind the rotor from any close passes from that mean ole zero-turn....

...making pushing the car back in an easier chore... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Mine are probably tomato soup cans by now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting bazeng:
I just bent the stock ones out a little and left it as it was...

+1 or you can go with Toybreaker's idea.

curtis

John makes funnies only a few can follow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif My liver hurts from laughing so hard.

boostedinaz

I would just make a cardboard template and then transfer it to some thin sheet metal for a custom piece. Given you skill and available tools it would make for a nice weekend project. Just my .02.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts