The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front axle carrier spacer

Does anyone know the thickness of the spacer for the front axle carrier where the AC bracket goes? AC was deleted when I got it, but it didn't have anything filling the gap. Would like to fix that.

vr4play

I can't remember exactly but I think I used 3 washers. When I measured there was only like 1 or 2 thousandths differance to the a/c bracket. I can measure a bracket for you tommorow if you would like. I have a few lying around.

Spyke169

This part is still availible from the dealer, I just got one

Yes, but I can turn one for free in about 5 minutes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NARF

Its been so long since I did mine I forgot the overall. Measure the thickness @ the through bolt when you remove the bracket.... that's how wide it needs to be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Washers aren't a good idea. Its spacing between shims, not one solid spacer.

Last edited:

curtis

.2995 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its easy with the spacer hanging on a block on a stand. That will be one set of shifter bushings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned