The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

? about 90 Mighty Max

89Mirageman

I know this is a GVR4 forum but I was hoping some of you guys would lend your expertise on Mitsubishi's in general and try to help me out.

Its a 90 Mighty Max with the 2.4L, 4G64. When its humid or raining the truck will buck/hesitate when changing gears and it only allows a top speed of about 45 mph. I can pull over and pop the hood and unplug the connector on the idle motor and this fixes the problem. Hop back in and it runs great and the hesitation/bucking is gone.

I'm thinking that I can eliminate the plug wires or the distributor because it runs fine once I unplug that sensor. I don't know if this throws it in limp mode and makes the ecu bypass the sensors or what.

Any advice that you guys can offer is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping someone has had a similar situation with their Galant.

talon

Next time it starts running like that, pull the distributor cap and see if its wet. If it is then its not sealing properly, and you need to replace it.

89Mirageman

^^^ That's what I was asking though, If it was the distributor cap wouldn't it still buck and hesitate even with the plug off of the ISC?

atc250r

Staff member
Check the connector at the igniter for corrosion. I saw that cause a similar problem once.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned