The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lean idle?

Hertz

Staff member
Are you idling at the speed your ECU expects?
What are your ISC steps when idling? Are you at the end of the adjustment range (BISS)?

1941Galant

His chip is set at 850rpm, and that is what his car is idling at. I'm not too sure about his BISS, but I don't think it was in the bottom range when we set it a few months back (this will be checked). This started happening right after he put my spare E3 16g on for his blown E3 16g. I just talked to him on his break, and he is going to check the intake couplers when he gets off of work, but aside from that we don't really know what could cause this.

Any air leaks are going to effect the idle much more than cruising closedloop, due to the quantity of air being drawn in. What was the LOW TRIM like before the swap?

SleepinGVR4

I'll have to check the logger and see what is was before the swap. I know now its at like 80%. After work tomorrow i'm going to connect my WB to my ecu so i can log it and do some pulls because i'm having knock issues as well.

prove_it

80% trim? ahh correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems a bit out of spec, like by 75% maybe.....

A LOW TRIM of 80 actually indicates that you *were* >5% too rich at idle before. Did you reset the ECU recently, to reset the fueltrims?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned