The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Parts list needed for meth inj setup

1badgvr4

Well I have brand new shurflow pump sitting and im thinking what else is needed. Im thinking:
the red High pressure line
relay with wiring
led for arming
hobbs switch
reservoir
low level sensor
check valve
bung and nozzles

Anybody know a good place to get this stuff.

curtis

Can't remember the website but theres meth injection forums as well as homemadeturbo.com. All your answers and supply places can be found there.

chucklesas

Olson

yo can also go to tuners and look at the thread dedicated to meth inj

turbowop

A lot of what you use depends on how you plan to implement the system on the car. Are you going to use a progressive controller, or just Hobbs switches? Being used in conjunction with a MAFT or MAFTpro auxiliary wire to pull fuel when meth starts spraying or controlled by a standalone? Failsafes? Fuel cell or washer bottle? Etc, etc.

I use a kit that was pieced together by English Racing. They usually just install their kits themselves, but being the anal sumbitch I am, I just bought the parts from Lucas and installed/tuned the setup myself, with a little help from Lucas as needed.

It consists of:

-Alkycontrol pump
-3 gallon foam-filled fuel cell
-methanol safe fuel line
-nozzles
-various brass fittings and filter
-relay
-resistor (to keep pump from burning up from constant 12v)
-2 Hobbs switches (one for boost activation, one for failsafe cutoff)
-wire and connectors
-2 stage manual boost controller wired in to the system (meth on= hi boost, meth off= low boost)
-activation led
-Mitsu pwr/eco switch

My setup is activated by a Hobbs switch at around 10psi. At the same time it activates it triggers the Maftpro's aux wire and pulls 18% of fuel out of my map. At the moment I run 100% methanol through one M10 nozzle which is enough for 30psi with zero knock.

Last edited:

Lonewolf64

^^Are you at all worried about running 100% meth under hoood? It is very combustible, and that is probably the only thing stopping me from trying it myself. A meth backfire would mean a very hot vr4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

turbowop

One M10 nozzle isn't really enough to create a backfire.

I've even used NLTS and a short bit of stutterbox without issue. When you start running twin M15 nozzles or more you can start running into issues.

turbowop

At the moment I just run stock timing, but I have a chip ready to go in that works with the MAFTpro that lets me advance timing from 15 degrees on up at WOT. This also is setup to work when the auxiliary wire is triggered so during normal pump gas use without methanol, timing stays at safer levels. It's all adjustable. I haven't installed that chip yet because I've been pretty happy with how the car feels. I'd like to dyno it first and then see if I can make more power by playing with timing.

1badgvr4

Well im having problems with knock because of the stock timing maps being too crazy. Are you still on one 255 pump, and what injectors are you using.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting 1badgvr4:
Well im having problems with knock because of the stock timing maps being too crazy. Are you still on one 255 pump, and what injectors are you using.

Yes, still 255HP pump. I have 950cc injectors, but that's actually more than I need considering that when methanol starts spraying, fuel is pulled out.

I don't think stock timing maps are that crazy, at least for stock 7.8:1 compression. I actually plan to add more timing on top of the normal smoothed timing map that Jeff supplies with his chips.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts