The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ABS Wiring Question

BoostedAWD91

i am removing my ABS and there is alot of wiring running to the abs control unit in the trunk. Is there anything else in the wiring bundle seeing that it goes up under the rear seat and beyond. What all can be removed from it or does everyone just leave it go and tuck it behind the fender?

Also the G-sensor is only for the ABS correct and can be removed?

Not related to ABS, what is the purpose of this thing covering the rear side marker light?

Last edited:

Barnes

The last thing pictured is just a vent. Lets cabin air out if you set your HVAC to fresh air.

BoostedAWD91

how does it let air out? i see the vents in it any everything but there isnt anything there to move it or change it

Barnes

It has a one way rubber flapper in it.

RedTwo

There's another unit (maybe 2) immediately behind the gear leaver assembly, under the center console/arm rest. I'm pretty certain that's ABS related.

He's refering to a second g-sensor. It's right between the e-brake and shifter in the center counsel. There is a ton of wiring for the ABS. I personally just removed all of it recently. To pull all of it that runs from the trunk to the front, you'll have to pull the rear bench and driver's seat, along with the lower trim so that you can pull back the carpet. Then, just follow the loom all the way up. There is an ignition relay for it chilling in the driver side kick panel too.
Are you removing it from the engine vay harness as well?

BoostedAWD91

well for right now i wanted to just remove the wiring in the trunk. im in the process of removing all the sound deadening in the back so ill the rear seating and trunk is all ripped apart. the harness that plugs into the control unit in the trunk, does all the wiring for that go up into the engine bay?

The wiring in the trunk all goes up to the engine bay, with the excepting of the g sensors and rear wheel speed sensors. There's a connector next to the fuse box under the dash where the rear harness attaches to the engine bay harness. The ABS is the only thing on that plug too, which makes it a little easier to sort through.
That said, if your only looking to remove whats in the trunk you can clip/tuck it at the rear seats. Just make sure that the fuses are pulled for it as well as the relay, especially if your cutting it. If your looking to remove the full chassis harness, its not that bad. I pulled it from the trunk, all the way to the fuse box in an afternoon after I got off work, including removing seats/trim. May as well just do it once, but its all a matter of how much you want to put into it.

BoostedAWD91

id prefer to take out the all the ABS wiring all together but i dont wanna spend days doing it. Can u do it with the dash in?

You can. Mine was already out, but it can be done with it in. You will have to pull the driver's seat, rear bench, and center councel though. Its pertty easy as all the wires run into that plug at the control module, so you can just follow it up to the under dash connection and g-sensor.
Then when your ready, you can do the engine bay. You can just find that connector under the dash and follow everything into the bay. 90% of that wiring goes to the drivers side front corner where the hydraulic unit is, so its not like you have to tear through the whole bay. The only things that go across the whole engine harness are the 2 power wires coming off the battery fuse block and the passenger front wheel sensor if I remember correctly, so you can leave those if you dont want to pull the whole harness.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned