The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo valves, springs, retainers fit?

Lucas03ES

I'm new to the site and I tried searching with no avail, will the stock evo viii valves aprings and possibly retainers fit into our heads? I picked up 599/1000 the other day with bent intake valves, and I read that evo valves are better build to dissipate heat, am I correct?

Rausch

Yes they do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And yes they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

rlturbo35

Yes they fit right on buddy , the first upgrade that forced performance sell for dsm for the valvetrain is the evo stock retainers and valve springs!!!! Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com

^^^^ Good to see you on here Rolo, it's Daryl from ACT. Congrats on getting the car done. I got your message on facebook too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Daryl

CarRacer

Everything here is correct but I think the intake valves are the same and only the exhaust valves are different. They are sodium filled to combat the heat from the exhaust.

Lucas03ES

Okay so would it only be worthwhile to get the intake side? I got a deal on a set of intake & exhaust valves with springs and retainers shipped for $85.00, would it be worth it or just get the intake side?

Why I ask is because the car when I got it, when the previous owner was changing the T belt the intake cam was put on a couple teeth off and the valves were bent, so I figured to get the springs & retainers too.

Rausch

Exhaust valves are where you'll benefit the most- The Evo springs and retainers are also a good upgrade- Lighter, slightly stiffer than stock.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned