The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HLA Pressure Regulators

BoostedAWD91

I have not really heard or seen much about these. Does anyone use them or is there really any advantage to them? Kiggly racing sells them which is really the only place i have ever seen them before. Any comments on this?
click for info

Last edited:

THEKID

great piece i recentley installed one on an evo8 motor i just built for a customer. and i will be using one on the vr4. it lowers the oil pressure in the head keeping the majority of the oil in the block for the bearings. makes a big difference. i defiantly recomend getting one if your interested.

BoostedAWD91

i see its keeps the pressure in the head at a constant 15psi. what is the pressure usually in the head without this? im sure it fluctuates and probably gets over 15psi at times.
i was thinking about purchasing one but i wanted to get some comments from some guys using them first

fivestardsm

Same here. Will this make the lifters clatter more becasue its running only 15#'s? Understandably, if the lifters have already been changed over to the 3G revised style, it shouldnt matter, but im concerned about the cams also. Just looking fo more info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rlturbo35

I have it on my race car, it works beatiful, helps a lot on high rpm lifters problem , tested and approved by c.f.t.!!!!

bazeng

I have one in my VR4 and AMG.

Kevin has proven his products in his own car so I trust what he sells.

Have you ever opened up a stock distribution block? They are very simple. Kiggly's stuff has an internal plunger in it so it regulates the pressure properly.
The stock ones regulates it by dumping the oil back out into the head/block.

The datalogging of the oil pressures in his site explain it all.

Hmm seems interesting but what about the turbo. IE for those of us that run the oil feed line from the head. Will this cause the turbo to not receive proper oiling?

bazeng

15psi is plenty at the head.

From memroy, when I measured, I had less then 5psi at the head with the stock setup at idle.

prove_it

That probably had to do more with being at idle.

BoostedAWD91

it definatly seems like a good product that has been proven to work, but my only other question would be is it really worth the $200 investment? is the stock unit hurting anything or would it be more worth while for the higher
revving and horsepower motors?

bazeng

With a 0w-30 oil and I get about 7psi of oil pressure at idle, about 15psi at cold start (this is measured at the head close to the turbo feed)
This is with the standard distributor / ported oil filter housing.

rlturbo35

For non ballbearing turbos i pull the oil feed from the oil filter base, on ball bearing turbos from the cylinder head oil provision, never have a problem with turbos!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned