The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gvr4 radiator with dsm top part

The radiator in my gvr4 cracked and started spewing coolant all over. The plastics part on the top is what cracked.

I was talking to a radiator repair shop and they said that they don't make the parts to repair the gvr4 radiator, but could I have it repaired using the dsm top plastic part?

That way it would fit in the stock radiator mounts and all I would have to do is swap out the thermostat housing from a 1g dsm.

Has anyone ever tried that before? Or do most people just swap in 1g radiators?

Thanks

-Charlie

chucklesas

You could always order a new radiator from radiatorbarn.com They are all metal and go for about $175 shipped.

NARF

my last VR4 I used a 1g t-housing and a fluidyne rad. This one im using a griffin under the core support. I would suggest getting the stock one with the right filler on the top.

You "can" get all the air out the other way, but you need a Filler funnel and might have to do it a few times, with the car at different angles and such.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts