The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator Relocation Wiring

chucklesas

I'm curious how people who have done the alternator relocation ran their wiring for it. I was considering just lenthening the wires and running along the frame on the DS of the car, but am concerned about how close the wiring will be to the belts and pulleys, as well as making the transition from the body to the engine. My other thought was to really lengthen the wires and run all the way around the bay to meet up with my engine wiring harness and follow that down to the engine.

TylerAdamson

I plan on pulling the wires out of the loom all the way back to the fuse panel and then running them along the firewall to the alternators new home.

grocery_getter

I pulled the wires out of the loom and run them back along the firewall to their new destination. Its far cleaner to do it that way instead of extending the wire and running them on the driver side back to the alternator. Definitely more work but definitely a cleaner way of doing it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts