The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

-20an steel bung/fitting where can I get one ?

onesickcrx

I am looking for a -20an weld on steel bung/fitting seems like no one had them in stock. I really want to get this no later then this up coming Tuesday. Any ideas at where I can buy one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks in advance for any help

Rausch

Summit almost always stocks up to -16 not sure about bigger than that though.... You can try them, although you probably have already.

Last edited:

curtis

PM CURTIS that turd probably has some. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll walk out in the shop and look

curtis

Sorry didn't have 1 I got like 5 that was the first bin I looked in. Probably have others there not marked so I'll have to research on the web and find out what a AN 20 is. But If I remember correctly from my aircraft days I think this is a 16 to 20

onesickcrx

Yea looks like a 20-16 adapter. If you have a -20an male steel fitting let me know I will pay to have it over nighted for Saturday Delivery

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

My bad I just pulled out some hoses and its a 12 to 16. I think thats the largest steel ones I have after looking some more.

here's some speed locks but there getting up in price when going after -20
There's a place here in town called scoggin enterprises and they might have it and they could rush ship it to you. They build and sell circle track parts. But getting it in steel is the hard part. Maybe a heavy equipment repair place like Caterpillar or a hydraulic hose place . some people use gas line fittings but that big and the angle in gas fittings not being the same may cause problems.

Scoggin Enterprises LLC
431 Alfred Thun Road
Clarksville, Tennessee, 37040
Phone: (931)552-4232

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Why steel if you don't mind telling ...what are you doing?

onesickcrx

lower water pipe is steel correct? I am getting rid of all the rubber hoses on the car

curtis

Ok I kept thinking upper but that leave you with the other end as well I guess you already have a aluminum radiator and a fitting for that.

When I did the vw radiator in the car I used two short pieces of the stock hose and made an aluminum thin walled tube for in between. Good luck on the quest let us know where you source one from.

onesickcrx

Yea the radiator is a aluminum Scirroco one and I got the fittings for that and the upper rad hose. Jegs and Summit are out of stock for 2 weeks on the steel ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I will keep looking thanks for the attempt to find me it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Yea the only 4 hose that are rubber for now are from thermostat housing to throttle body and to the heater core. Every vacuum line is braided with AN fittings too I like having 0 leaks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onesickcrx

I called them today they dont stock them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

onesickcrx

I just got off the phone with Scoggin they dont have a listing or a part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif O well jackstand/lift balling for another 2 weeks because of one fitting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

onesickcrx

Ok Summit and Jegs had no answer for me the other day when I called them everything was I had to wait till mid September got in touch with a tech they said they could have one drop shipped to me from Aeriquip. So in the end I will have it here Monday. Looks like it help to talk to the right person some times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onesickcrx

Summit called back just now said cant get it for 2 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rausch

Oh boo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

onesickcrx

I called ARP directly I should have the fittings here tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I hope it works out

onesickcrx

Look what came in the mail today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The three on the left are aluminum the one on the right is steel incase anyone else runs in to the same issue here are the part number from ARP 800-8111 is Aluminum & 800-8211 is steel

I am going to go start mocking things up and possibly start welding everything tomorrow

BoostedAWD91

Jay Racing sells the -20an fittings for the water pump, so im sure they could get u some or have them in stock

curtis

lets see some progress pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onesickcrx

Got the last of fittings I was missing -20an 45 degree black ano /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I have a bachelor party, school and a wedding means no working on car for 1 week minimum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Why does everything always happens at once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts