The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vent to atmoshphere ??

OK guys in the middle on my ETS install and just noticed my Greddy BOV dosent have the adaptor to run the recirt hose back to the intake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.. How bad is it to run the car with out this till a get the adaptor to run the recirt hose?? Does anyone have the adaptor laying around? Where can I get one I have never had to buy just that piece.. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewolf64

Forget the Greddy altogether and run the stock BPV as an upgrade. Greddy BOVs are known for weak diaphragms that like to tear. If you are running considerable boost, consider getting the Dejon Tool Leak stop mod found under the misc section of the Dejon Tool website.

prove_it

Venting to the atmosphere is not going to destroy your engine, however it won't run great. At idle it will let in air which will cause a lean condition, but the worst is when you are driving and let the clutch in. The engine will stall just about every single time, so driving around block to block will get frustrating since you will have to start your car every time.
Your spool up time will be a bit less, but it's not too noticeable.
This is unless your running a blow through MAF sensor or speed density. If that's the case then it won't matter.

You should be ok, but I wouldn't do it for long.

Quoting Lonewolf64:
Forget the Greddy altogether and run the stock BPV as an upgrade. Greddy BOVs are known for weak diaphragms that like to tear. If you are running considerable boost, consider getting the Dejon Tool Leak stop mod found under the misc section of the Dejon Tool website.

Forgetting the Greddy all to together is not an option as I have my ETS kit flanged for it. I called a place that has that little blue adaptor peice in stock to run the recycle pipe but they asked my 39mm or 44mm.. WHAT???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanx prove it.

Yea I do not want to run it that way for long just till a get that blue metal piece that lets my run the recycle pipe..

throughfaith323

i dont know what they ment by 39 or 44 but all that matters is:

what Greddy BOV you have RS or R?

and how big the inner diameter (ID) of your recirc hose? (should be 32mm i think)

here yuh go (RS recirc piece):

click

i do all my business here btw...great people and fast shipping

Hey Thanx man good look again. But I got it next day shipped for 22$ from CIP Racing in CT.. Andrew was a nice guy.

ExtremPSI is great also got my FPR from them and came mad fast two days.. I was like WHOA.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raptorWagon

Glad you got what you need, because not only when it stalls, your brakes don't work very well either and that's not good say if you're coming off a freeway offramp into traffic.

Rausch

^ That and if you are still running a MAS (1g, 2g, evo) and vent to atmosphere; We are required, by law, to kill you in the face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

prove_it

oh yea forgot about that law....

LOL I am running a 2ng MAF, An the part should be here today.. BTW finshed the intall last night and man is the BOV loud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif!!!!! Forgot to tighten it before I put it in was rushing in the dark.. LOL. An why is the ETS BOV location so low, Like below the cooling fan. URG the recycle pluming is going to a PIA..

Last edited by a moderator:

throughfaith323

i think its low to work with the stock intake pipe?

Adrian, the guy i bought the car from to part, modified it a little by flipping the top intercooler pipe around but he also did something else to make that work and he did it cause he had a JMFab intake mani that sits lower.

you'll figure something out.

1990ggsxnj

If they were always easy, they would never be worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

DR1665

Quoting Rausch:
^ That and if you are still running a MAS (1g, 2g, evo) and vent to atmosphere; We are required, by law, to kill you in the face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Word.

Nartanian

My face is still alive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

steve

CR is on his way.

Quoting Nartanian:
My face is still alive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Yes, your face is still alive ( for now ), but the joke is most definitely ded.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts