The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my rally vr4 dyno sheet..

jaska

here is my rally vr4 dyno sheet with 45mm recistor and 98 gasoline "pump gas in finland", i think at same for usa 93?..boost is 1.7 bar and then drops 5300rpm only 1 bar bacause my wastegate solenoid it´s something wrong, i must chance this with apex boost solenoid.my goal boost is 1.7 bar abot 5500 and then drops 1.5 bar all over the redline, because my exhaust back pressure goes to high.i´m very happy with torque..

jaska

692,4nm=509 ft lbs 4300rpm/wheel hp is 293.9kw=400hp and engine hp is 340kw=462hp with 5230 rpm..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Mods??

VR4coop

I assume its internally gated turbo so you need to fix that actuator. If its external just get a stiffer spring for the wastegate. Fix that boost and you will have even better numbers.

Thanks
Clint

kaptainballistik

Gee, why cant they let me run a 45mm restrictor! I can only use a 38mm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Thats NUTS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

jaska

mods.
fp3052 with 45mm recistor.tomei cams,haltech e6x,wiseco/carillo,1000cc injectors.

curtis

Thumbs up..... we need some videos

DR1665

Quoting kaptainballistik:
Gee, why cant they let me run a 45mm restrictor! I can only use a 38mm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Thats NUTS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Pfft! I dread the day when I have to install the 43mm the require here in the states. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Tomei cams, eh? I was thinking Piper, but interesting to see others.

POST MORE, PLEASE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

EDIT:
Gentlemen, THIS is how these cars were meant to be driven! OUTSTANDING.

Quoting jaska:
here some rally video clips. web page

Last edited:

jaska

here new dyno sheet,spike boost 1.8 bar and then drops 1.4 bar..and now i use cyclone manifold,butterflyes open 4200rpm.looks like max torque is 400rpm sooner than before..

Last edited:

prove_it

I love dyno graphs. i like to follow the lines and make the turbo sound.

turbowop

There is srsly nothing cooler than the sound of a rally car flat out through the forest a 1/4mile away. The echo it makes is just plain sick.

Before the car comes into picture it just sounds evil: click

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

Quoting prove_it:
I love dyno graphs. i like to follow the lines and make the turbo sound.

+1

PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Whoodoo

Quoting turbowop:
There is srsly nothing cooler than the sound of a rally car flat out through the forest a 1/4mile away. The echo it makes is just plain sick.

Even cooler than an F1 on the straights?

curtis

Baller /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned