The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FPR and Fuel Pump for Evo MAS and Injectors

I want to start getting the parts necessary for getting the Evo fuel and MAS stuff on my car. For those that have done this work, what FPR and fuel pump worked best? For the next year, I can't imagine going larger than 720cc, but the 560cc Evo injectors will do for now. As for the chip, I was thinking about just doing the Keydiver stage 3 rather than an VPC, although this option seems to be reasonably priced lately.

Lastly, how much boost can I run with this setup with an Evo 3 16G?

Lonewolf64

Do yourself a favor and get the biggest injectors that will idle on pump gas. That way, you'll never have to upgrade those again. Fuel pump, personally I would get one with OE quality, so a Supra TT pump would be up on my list. If that is too much fuel pump for you, an Evo IX pump would work nicely with a 16g. I have an Evo VIII pump and Evo injectors and I regret not going bigger in the first place (Evo 3 16g setup here as well).

As for VPC vs Keydiver chip, there is no contest. The KD chip + Evo MAS is 10000x better and much more easy to live with. Not knowing anything more about your setup I can't tell you how much boost you should run, but with all the supporting mods and preventative maintenance there is no reason not to crank it up to 20psi or so. That's what I've been running for over a year.

Lonewolf64

They aren't 100% drop in, but it is relatively easy to do. A quick google search revealed a guide on how to do this for a 2g AWD.
click

gvr4ever

I have that setup, tuned with a KD chip. I'm running the BR/SX Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit [40110-FCP] $275.00 and the walbro 255lph pump.

I'm running 18psi with a FMIC and turbo back exhaust. I might be able to push more, but I'm running a untouched engine at 120K miles. Overall, no complaints, runs well. Seems like it's a little rich, but then again, so is the stock tune. BTW, I have run 20psi WOT with out knock, but I just don't want to push the stock head gasket until I'm in a position to have long term downtime. I play, but I don't race or abuse this setup and it seems really solid.

Yea pretty much agree with the above.Although I have 650cc with wally and everything eles you have ( Coming in the mail next week) I went with DSM STG3 and am sure I will love it. I still have not driven the car ( Shop for tranny) But everything will be ready to go in a weeks time,:) I did look at evo pumps but if want one of those get a X's pump much more efficent than the 8's or 9's.

The EVO 8 fuelpumps evidently have an issue with the pressure relief valve being set too light, and it starts cracking open in the low 60's fuel pressure. That's 37psi base + 25psi boost, which many cars will never see. But, the EVO 9 pump is a better choice, as the relief valve is set to a much higher pressure. The EVO X pump flows quite a bit more, but then you are much more likely to have FPR overrun issues with it.
As far as injector selection, it all depends how much boost you plan on running, and what octane fuel you have to work with. The EVO 560's are a fantastic deal (actually 585cc +) if you have 92/93 octane available, and only want to run 22-23 psi max. I generally recommend 750cc injectors though, as most guys will never need to worry about upgrading them again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts