The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Throttle Body rebuilding?

SmoothCustomer

I seem to remember a place that rebuilds/repairs throttle bodies. Does any one have that link? I searched and didn't find anything....

Terry Posten

SmoothCustomer

haha darn I was looking for throttlebodies.com that's a bit pricey for my tastes. I will try to just throw one in that I know doesn't surge and if I still have a problem maybe I will bite the bullet.

I was thinking about rebuilding my TB myself. I did a smoke test the other day and found it leaking at one of the shaft seals. I was at Mitsu today and they couldnt find the seals in their system. But I know for a fact you can get them as I have seen one on the shelf at a buddy's.
Anyone know where to get them?

Dialcaliper

Call JNZ or to Steve at throttlebodys.com. Either one can probably just sell you a seal kit to do it yourself if you can't afford to shell out to have it done.

GVR4_1057

Also mach5 has the seals. And remember to mushroom the back side of the throttle plate screws when you reassemble it.

Terry Posten

Shamus is right, but if you do it yourself, call Steve at Throttlebodys.com and he will sell you a kit of seals and gaskets that will do the job.

Im sure TB.com is good but im more into doin sh*t myself. Thanks for the info guys.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I had mine done by throttlebodys because I had it bored and a new plate put in at the same time.

Quoting iceman69510:
I had mine done by throttlebodys because I had it bored and a new plate put in at the same time.

I thought about that, but have plans for upgrades soon. I just want to fix the leak for now. Smoke machines rule. Although it would only pressurize the system to 4psi it made finding major leaks a breeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned