The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

car has no power

i just put a tranny in my car. Tranny is good and when i take off the car feels like its slipping bad..my car has no power just wondering if that means that i need a clutch

belize1334

Symptoms of a bad clutch are very specific. Put it 3rd gear. Apply plenty of throttle where the engine can make good power (3500 rpm or more). If the clutch is slipping the RPMs will climb rapidly without the vehicle speed increasing much.

yeah dats pretty much wut it is doing when i drive it i give it gas and the rpm's go right up but the car goes no where i ordered a clutch ima put a new one in there n e ways

belize1334

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

What he said, but not quite as blunt. You'll find that teh cel-phone speak doesn't go over well here.

As for the clutch, what did you order? Not OEM I hope. There's lots of debate about what is best but IMHO the ACT 2100 is the way to go for 14b or 16g car unless you plan on pushing it.

well i pretty much order a six puck ACT my friend has it in his evo and its pretty good clutch to go with

CarRacer

Try using complete sentences and punctuation. It'll help us help you.

You ordered a 6 puck clutch disk. Did you install it?

Quoting gvr4315:
well i pretty much order a six puck ACT my friend has it in his evo and its pretty good clutch to go with

Hmm 6 puck might be a little tuff in traffic. I had a 6 puck in my EVO and in traffic was a PIA.

But no one has answered my question my car is not going anywhere is it my clutch can anyone help me with this or no. Is it my clutch that is bad or the trans cause i just put a tranny in it and the clutch is pretty old so can anyone help

Learn to use complete sentences and punctuation. A lot of people here simply don't answer or give you a stupid reply, if you don't. It's quite hard to read, and if you can't even take the time to use correct/complete sentences and punctuation, then others won't take the time to answer...

Lonewolf64

You should take the advice some people are giving you and try to type a little more clearly. Then people would be a lot more willing to help you.
Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

steve

Quoting gvr4315:
car has no power

Are you perhaps driving a Hyundai?

1990ggsxnj

Quoting CarRacer:
Try using complete sentences and punctuation. It'll help us help you.

You ordered a 6 puck clutch disk. Did you install it?

Plus, try answering CarRacer's question since it's kind of critical to the path one would take in eliminating the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned