The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone repair ecu's?

SmoothCustomer

I'm running a 1st gen non eprom but I have the eprom it came with. I want the eprom to be in good working condition so I can run link and because I have a bad idle surge I'm hoping it will fix. Anyone?

Edit: It's not burnt or acid damaged.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

If it will operate the motor, then all it needs is new caps, cleaned and socketed.

I can do that. Normal fee is $50 and that includes return shipping w/insurance ($300) using USPS priority mail.

If the unit does not work, then SteveP can and will fix everything for you.

SmoothCustomer

Man I forget everything! It won't give it spark it looks like. Injectors may be firing though I'm not sure. Engine cranks, have power but that's it.

stevep

As long as the board isn't burned through and none of the black square flat chips are cracked or bubbled I can fix it.

The quick test to see if the ECU is even runnning is to watch the CEL when you first turn the ignition on. The light should turn on for five seconds and then go off for the bulb test. If the GVR4 "boost" LEDs show vacuum then they should light to the normal place for 0 psi until you start cranking and then show a full vacuum reading until you stop.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts