The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Running rough...MAS?

I took off the air can which housed a K&N cone filter yesterday. Since then, the car has ran pretty rough. It's much louder (not the good kind). I'm getting boost, but the car is pretty flat and loud. One thing I did notice which may or may not be relevant is that the stock boost gauge is not reading as close to my Apex boost gauge as before. Namely, I wouldn't get the 3 bars of vacuum when I started to hit boost like I did before. Is there a way I can test the MAS (stock) or see something in the logs? No CELs so far.

Before the air can work, the car was running a bit flat, but it was not loud like this.

Thoughts?

1990ggsxnj

^+1 Plus, try not to hit boost until you get this figured out. You're most likely running lean. Boost leak test is best if nothing apparent. What does your A/F meter show?

gvr4ever

Oversensitive knock sensor? Sounds like you need a boost leak test and to log your car. I could be a few things, but I'd check those first.

Turns out it was a blown down pipe gasket. Got it fixed and also replaced the dented 3" downpipe with a 2g Greddy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts