The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO steering wheel in a GVR4/DSM JIG is done

curtis

Welding jig is made and tested twice. The guys thats waiting for these they'll go out next week since its the 4th Holiday

Now the reason for this I took on welding two of these and after thinking about it and seeing the space left from removing the evo cast piece from the middle and the smaller size from our car I had to build a centering fixture. So here it is after its first use.

Others have used adapters from other companies and also made flat pieces of steel and bought adapters to bolt to these but this is simple and a one step deal. Nothing wrong with there way this is just easier for me . The evo center bolts out and your left with a structure with a 4 bolt flange and a machine steel piece in the middle. I use the mill and remove the center from it then the GVR4 and DSM wheels have their machine center welded directly on. Here's a picture of both ready to weld.

Now what happens
GVR4/dsm piece inserted

Evo structure placed on top and ready to be bolted down.

Tig welded final product which is perfectly centered as well has install height being correct and the same as the factory wheel in our cars. Now weld isn't the prettiest thing in the world but filling a 1/4 inch gap with a tig isn't much fun.

If anyone else wants this done send me the center piece above as well as the center of a dsm/VR4 wheel. Just cut the center out with a hacksaw and I'll get the machined piece out of both with the mill. That way there not chewed warped etc.

Last edited:

curtis

Changed thread title and info since none of the JSB's ever sent measurements....To the Top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

Figured I'd update this because never posted full pictures so here goes

If you want this done I still do these from time to time. Probably up to 15 completed now.

Now to weld up I need the center piece that unbolts from the evo wheel and the center of a DSM/trashed VR4 wheel. Just hacksaw the 3 spokes and send me the center.
Don't try and cut out the cast splined center I do it a certain way and I'm picky.
Bead blasted when done and ready to bolt together. Price is $75 as a gift, shipped fed ex

If you want to send me the Evo wheel and a dsm wheel can do it that way also and I'll bolt it all together when done. The back plastic piece has to be trimed back and I do that as well.
I would rather not have the center plastic trim or the airbag, But if your buying from someone else and want to ship here first to mod it just has to be that way. Reason I say that to unclip the center ring is a pita sometimes and always scared its going to snap when popping the clips on it Plus if you take it off and put it on its one less time it has to be unclipped and reclipped because to install this in a DSM/VR4 you have to remove the airbag T-30 by the way.

Since theres alot more to do and shipping on a wheel is more than just the bracket, total is $90 paypal'd as a gift, shipped fed ex.

Anyway if you want one done PM me. Thanks Curtis

kerry92gvr4

you still doing this? I will be needing one done soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned