The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Running more than one set of injectors...

Rausch

Didn't think this was tech worthy, but I was wondering how many ( Or more specifically which) different tuning/Ecu options are available for someone looking to run two sets of injectors.

I'm pretty sure the AEM and Haltech would allow for that, but what else, old school additional injector controllers aside.

Rausch

click

Looks like the waste spark system is only good for 4....:(

doh... here ya go.. eMS-pro

"# Injector drivers: 2 bank batch fire
# Works with high impedance (saturated) or low impedance (peak and hold) injectors
# Maximum number of injectors: 16 "

click

16 should be enough no?

$795 for the box and 95 for the wiring harness. Not to shabby. dsm link doesnt do multi-bank injectors does it?

Rausch

Don't know about DSM link , but I don't think it does....

Thx for da link. Just trying to see what all is out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1990ggsxnj

If anyone is interested, I have an unassembled BNIB MegaSquirt v3.0 up for grabs if ya need it.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

dsmlink can do it but I think you end up using some sort of resistor setup to fire the second set which isn't really ideal. You might be able to buy just the AEM injector driver box and use it with another ECU though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Why do you want to run dual rails at this point?

Rausch

^ Thinking aloud.

Figured it would make the most sense fro running something that I'd like to make good power with, and still be able to fine tune driveability. Don't really have any specific plan to do so, but I like the idea of being able to fine tune the driveability on something that may make a lot of miles between 'races'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

autronic might also do multi bank injectors but i am unsure. Let us know how it works out with whatever route you decide. I would try using a honda resitor pack off the early EF models if you wanted to go with the link.

onesickcrx

Alot of bikes use the micro-tec works pretty good with the map sensor. I think you can find them pretty cheap . Just have them come on at 5psi or something to that effect.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting chris:
autronic might also do multi bank injectors but i am unsure. Let us know how it works out with whatever route you decide. I would try using a honda resitor pack off the early EF models if you wanted to go with the link.

I think you're right. My friend runs Autronic on his rx7 and he's running 8 injectors.

slugsgomoo

Keep in mind that some of the newer injectors like the 1150 & 1200's (and even something bigger that i'm forgetting now) can actually be tuned for pump gas and give decent E85 headroom, and make a crapton of power on race gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rausch

Idle and low throttle input is what I'm most concerned about. My understanding was always that significantly larger injectors pass too much fuel at idle, which can not be tuned out below a certain threshold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

This is usually not an issue on race cars, but for something that would spend most of it's time being driven normally, I'd think a dual injector system would be better suited than a FAT idle, or one set quite high....The second set (like the rotary layout) would allow you to provide the necessary fuel under 'racing' conditions.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

There are plenty of guys on the ECMLink that run 1600cc injectors and have a smooth idle/cruise and also putting down some serious hp.
I ran some FIC 1150's in my car for quite a while and the idle was spot, cruised very smoothly and got 26mpg on the highway. Needed some cash at the moment and sold them for some 880's instead but otherwise I would of kept them.
How much hp are you looking to put down because even with some 950's you can easily be in the 500hp range.

Rausch

^ Honestly I'm not sure...Somewhere in the 500 range maybe?

More importantly on what fuel....Not sure yet. Was considering running seperate tanks for pump and race/E85, but that doesn't seem to be necessary. Mind you this is NOT something I'd plan to drive everyday, it's more for say...Driving a ton of miles to a track, cracking it open, and then driving on to the next one.

My only concern is the tune being spot on while idling/cruising. Purely theoretical conversation here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sorry for a simple question. where do i find the dual inj. rail setup? im going with a piggy back for the tuning,i just need the rail itself. thanks

Rausch

IIRC Most run bungs further up the intake tract, closer to the plenum. I don't know how you'd run duals at the head without a good bit of machining and some serious spray pattern issue solving.

Think AMS had a mani/dual rail set up available too... Mark posted something about it quite some time ago...

brisvr4

Dsmlink V3 has the capability to run 8 injectors now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ecmtuning

If you are just after larger injectors that will work too.
I am running 1450's ( with E85 atm ) and they run fine with either my E85 or just pump fuel.
Idle and mid range manners are just fine.

Rausch

Well that is good to know! Thanks for the info!!!

I still wonder some about significantly larger injectors and deadtime, etc..

Nice to know that people are getting good driveability results with a dramatic step up in sizing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedTwo

Most replacement ecus can run extra injectors, heck I think even the MAP-ECU v2 can do it.
There was a guy around these parts running 8x 450cc injectors (with Autronic) becuase they were cheaper than 4x Evo 510cc injectors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned