The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clearance issues

Ok so I have my scm 6152 and its a good sized turbo but i'm having an issue with the intake pipe. When i put my FP intake pipe (w/recirc) on it is pretty much rubbing up against my shifter cables, not allowing me to shift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Also my intercooler piping is in the way so i have to face it downwards into my wheel well. My question to you guys is that is there any ideas you can help me come up with to make it fit well or even just buy a new intake pipe (for a 2g maf). I'm open to ideas, thanks guys.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Shouldn't the intake pipe go over the frame rail and not under it?

Yes good sir technically it should but as you can see my IC piping is in the way, that's part of my issue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
damn ets piping ha ha.

You could pick up some new couplers and cut up your IC piping a little bit and im sure you make it work. From the looks of it you got enough piping and a couple bends to work with. Your BOV should be sitting about 4in up from where it is.

I'll figure something out, I'm going to make a custom Intake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif just discussed the issue with my genius of a brother. Thanks guys

Brianawd

You could alway just mark on the intake pipe where its rubbing and dent it in there. Its not like people are going to see it.

I would have to dent in the whole intake lol plus that would cause issues with the air flow. I'm just going to make a full 4" custom intake pipe with a 45, 180, and 90 piece it will look good.

bazeng

I had a similar issue also.

You could try to get the bend to go higher, over the shifter arms OR extend it so it goes past the arms then come up at 90 (thats if you make a new one).

Otherwise, couldn't you just rotate it so the bend goes away from that arm? Is your air filter boxed? if so, you may have to reposition your filter to come more towards the headlight...

what i'm going to do is have a 90 coupler going away from the turbo then a straight pipe then a 45 and then the maf and filter i'll show you guys when its done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
that would cause issues with the air flow

Sorry but it would not cause a issue with air flow. I am willing to bet money that if you were to put the car on a dyno they way its sits make a pull then dent the intake pipe and make a new pull you would see no loss in power.

Just build a new one like you said.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts