The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2wd convrt 4wd axle need help.

ary

my car is a galant casis e33 fwd.I have a plan convert to 4wd(rr axle),until now dono how to start mod,Here i need somebody help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Go take a welding/fab course.
My guess is you will have to make MAJOR modifications (such as taking your carpet out, cutting channels in your floor, and welding new pieces in.) to get the drive axle, diff, and rear axles to fit.

Not to mention you will probably have to rebuild your exhaust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Ps. I am not an expert on the underbody of this car, it is possibly they have similar channels to the vr4 and it will be a partially bolt on procedure. I hope so for your sake.

14u2nV

You will have to redo the whole underside of the car basically. fwd's have the gas tank under the seat, awd have them under the trunk, fwd rear axles are completely different than awd, and have non of the same mounting points.

ary

thnks gus,the most dificul here now is a mod mouting axle.axle mouting have 4 point right?.below i attach some pic e39 casis for my question.the yellow circle area can be take out & weld to my mod car,can/not?or anybody have better idea .

tsiboy

you might get some better help asking on the 4g61t.org message board. they have quite a bit of experience converting their 3g mirages to AWD. they even have a dvd you can buy. i imagine the galant wont be that much different.

ary

anybody have some pic or dvd for my reference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

H05TYL

You will need to cut out everything you see in that picture, and weld it into your car, the whole lot is very different, not just the mount circled in yellow.

Sell your car and buy an E39A

ary

thanks bro..to hard to get galant awd in my country,mybe got 4-5 awd car only.any guys ever do it same my project?pls give me some pic or idea,bcoz i no want make mistake when mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

tsiboy

go here and read through the projects/build threads. these guys do it all the time

4g61t.org

go here and buy the awd swap dvd read through the site

click

these mirages and colts are not galants i know, but this will give you an idea of what your getting yourself into and how to do it.

-alex

kama1

you will need to get the rear 4wd shell and a few pcs of the front 4wd shell installed in your fwd.a lot of cutting and welding is involved.

my e33 was converted without the rear 4wd shell so a flat trunk area was the result.they did however had an original e38 to copy the rear strutmount angle and all the other measurements.

its easier to sell the fwd and order the vr4 from your local importer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts