The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Cut Issue- Please help!

I am having fuel cut issues between 12 and 13 PSI. It all started after the GM MAF, 3 inch exhaust, front mount, and 255 fuel pump. I have boost leak tested it and it holds boost for about 20-30 seconds. It does have a few small leaks that I can't fix. I've replaced the fuel filter and have changed the plugs. The old owner said that he replaced the caps in the ECU but I haven't checked yet. Do you guys have any clue what could be going on? Any info would be great!

ktmrider

What MAF translator are you running?
What AFPR and base fuel pressure with that Whinebro?

I am runnin the 2.01 that is set for the 450s, and i am running stock fuel psi. i know that its not good that i dont have a fuel pump regulator but i have done it on many dsm i have.

If you are *really* hitting fuelcut at only 12-13 psi, fuelcut is airflow related. So, you are evidently sending too high of an airflow signal into the ECU from the MAF Translator. Why are you running a GM MAF with a stock car?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
Do you have ANYTHING to tune with, like a logger or wideband? Tuning the MAFT is a nightmare without the right tools to see what you are doing. My guess is that you are sending too high of an airflow signal to the ECU, either hitting fuelcut or running so rich that the car is sputtering. But, without some way to see what your O2 voltage is doing its tough to say.

Well tonight I will swap the gm maf sensor from my talon to the galant. I got the sensor from a junk yard so who knows. I have ran GM-maft on five of my cars and never had a problem until now. I hope that it just the sensor not working right. Any more info would be great guys THANKS!!!

If the hotwire in the GM MAF is contaminated, it will give a false reading, as if more air is coming in than there really is.

Did you notice that I said "if you *really* have fuelcut"? Do you have a logger to verify the ECU is cutting fuel? If it is, then you either have a bad boost gauge, or a really bad boost leak, because you shouldn't hit fuelcut until 17psi or so.
There are several other things that can cause fuelcut-like symptoms, like bad plugs.

I am 90% sure that its fuel cut. I don’t have a logger yet, I have the cable from a 1g but the Palm no long works. The boost gauge is an eBay gauge so who knows. It feels like 13 psi though. I have put new plugs in and also a new fuel filter. Could it be the Ecu???

I pulled the ecu and the caps have been fixed. I put new plugs and plug wires on the car also, it’s still hitting fuel cut. I am out of thing to try. How long should the car hold boost when doing a boost leak test at 20 psi? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned