The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

exhaust leak at the 02 dump...

SleepinGVR4

So I was orginally having problems with boost creep and not being able to control my boost at all on my E316G.

So just this last weekend I took my turbo off and reported it. That fixed my boost creep and boost control problem. Holds 23-24 psi all the way to redline.

But after I did this I noticed an exhaust leak coming from my 02 dump. I didn't port where the flapper meets the turbine housing. I just ported inside the turbine housing to help with exhaust flow. Why would the flapper be staying open?

If it wasn't so annoying I would just leave it alone.

I cleaned the turbine housing out when I was done porting it so I don't know what would keep the flapper from closing all the way.

Any ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned