The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil sandwich plate.

I'm trying to wire up an oil pressure gauge, and I'm trying to figure out the best/easiest way to do it. Does anyone have an idea what kind/size sandwich plate (goes between oil filter housing and oil filter) I could/should use?

(yes I did search.)

Terry Posten

I have the perfect thing for you.

Bought it last year and I decided to go a different route.

It is a plate that goes under the oil filter (sandwich) that has 4 ports for pressure,temp, feed, whatever. It comes with block-off plugs for all 4 ports in case you need them. It is for our cars so thread pitch should be correct/\.

Let me get a pic real quick and post it up.

Give me 5 minutes.

Terry Posten

Sorry for that poor pic, wife has the camera right now.

How does $15 plus shipping sound. Should be able to get it to you for about $5 shipping.

So $20 total.

It has a port on each side and 2 on the bottom. It also has the sealing ring gasket. New, never been used or mocked up.

fivestardsm

Terry, How thick is the plate, and what would the clearence issues be like? I thought of getting one of these a while back but wasn't sure. Also, what was the motivation to move on to a different set-up?

turbowop

That plate would put the oil filter even closer to the downpipe than it already is. Even worse for those with larger exhausts. I think using some of the already available ports on the OFH would be sufficient.

Not trying to kill your sale here, Terry, but it could create an issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

Terry Posten

Your right Wop.

That is why I went to remote mounting the pressure sender.

But later I changed to a 90 style housing and then this plate would work. It would basiclly put the filter in the same spot as the filter w/the cooler attachment.

For a 90 style housing it will work. If you have the stock cooler, I would not try it.

BTW - It is about 1" wide. It was bought from Marshall Inc but there web site does not list it anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'll get into the bay and measure some things tomorrow and see if I think this will work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts