The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

URGENT No power steering to the right

I ead all the posts on 4WS delete and did eveything that I thought it was saying. Does anyone ahve any suggestions on why I have no power steering to the right? Did I remove something that I shouldnt have? I used 3 bolts to block off the lines. 2 on the passenger side on the steeing rack and 1 where it T's after removing a flare line on yop of the rack so I wouldnt have to worry about weldng the flare fitting. I need HELP! Any ideas guys?

Wendy

I am gong out to take some pictures of what I did. maybe I removed 1 lint to many but I thought both bolts to replace where on the passenger side. IN all the pictures I have seen, I do not see the one that I put a bolt in. goint to dop the 5 bolt subframe peice and take them, stay posted.

Thanks Wendy

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You probably blocked one of the crossover lines that distribute fluid to the ends of the rack. Sounds likely based on the result.

OK, I have the pictures,

This is the standard pic of what I have seen on this site as a main blocking point. I do not beleive this is the problem.

This is the T that I have seen done so no welding needed.

Ok, here is where I block of a line at the boot of the steering rack. THis must be the issue? If you guys think so, I am unsure where it goes back to from that location. I hope I didnt destroy the line either. I destoyed several lines. removing them.

Please advise, I this was al line not to be capped please tell me what to do at this point. THanks in advance.

Wendy

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Is the third picture the driver or passenger side tie rod boot? Looks like you did possibly remove one line too many.

My suggestion:

You remove and plug where 48856AE (passenger side of rack) and 48856AD (one side of the joint or "T"). Looks like you may have removed also 48856AC.

jepherz

Staff member
I can't really tell by your pictures, but you removed one too many. Removing the "T" one is correct, and removing ONE of the passenger side lines is correct. You should have been able to tell which ones needed to be removed by tracing the lines forward from the rear of the car.

Qutoed "Is the third picture the driver or passenger side tie rod boot? Looks like you did possibly remove one line too many.

My suggestion:

You remove and plug where 48856AE (passenger side of rack) and 48856AD (one side of the joint or "T"). Looks like you may have removed also 48856AC."

Picture 1 and 3 are completely opposite of one another. I should have capped 1 but not 3. I have mangled the line so it looks like I need a new line now. Picture 3 is waas up in there and needs baby hand to get the bolt started. I take it if I run the line back to 3 then I will have power steering to the right. Picture 3 the angle is bad. Alost 45 deg. So you feel that 48856ac is the correct line? I did mangle it. Is that a Mitsu part #?

Thank you
Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
OK, if picture 3 is on the driver's side, then you will need to find the location on the other end that has on open spot for the fitting on the other end of that line as well.

That is not the part number, but the key #. Part number is MB564864. It is available.

CutlassJim

Quoting girlieracr4g63:
URGENT No power steering to the right

Join NASCAR? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Update:

ITS RAINING AGAIN!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Ok, I have found a line that I did not destroy. THe other line is still connected on the driver side of the steering rack and I just cut it and capped it. What I acheived last night was, cut the flare on my good line, installed a compression fitting, and reflared. The cut line that remains on the car I was able to get the other end of the compression fitting on and flared. Sidenote: the tool they sale to flare lines is bulky and is crap!!! I have to connect the 2 lines whenever Noah decides he is done flooding my yard. heh. Will keep you updated.

Wendy

I bought the hose as stated above and it was correct. Thank you for the information. I have installed the hose. Will fill with fluid and let you guys know.

Wendy

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
As Willie Nelson might say, "On the road again..."

Needless to say the compression fitting didnt work. The flare tool I bought was garbage! I got it all together added fluid them I had power steering both sides, hopped out and looked under the car and It was puddling. Damn it!!! I ordered the line from mitsu, got it Friday and installed. I have power steering and no leaks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Thank you guys for all your advise, without you all I would have never figured what I did wrong. Lets keep this thing growing. Street car for now.............

Wendy
Cancer treatment is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned