The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 transfer case lubricant for Rally use?

kaptainballistik

Well, in this instalment we find out what happens when the exhaust starts rubbing up against the Transfer case on a VR4.

Sparkily oil and not much left! I love spares....

Anyway, I remember pulling my brothers Rallycar apart and finding the Preparation shop ( Stewart wilkins racing) had used a really thick and almost "Buttery" lube in the transfer case.

Whats the lubricant that people are running? ( I currently have Penrite)

And is Redline suitable for the Gearbox for a car that is rallied ( Not road use). Im not sure Castrol Synth would be up for the job.

GVR4_1057

I think most people like the Redline shockproof heavy in their transfer cases and rears. It is buttery and an opaque red color. I use it and like it a lot.

ktmrider

Redline makes multiple grades of ShockProof: click
Rally and/or high temp areas would recommend Heavy.
There was another product that ?NZ-GVR4? was running, looked blue/green and appeared to have the same consistency as Redline ( in case you cannot easily get that brand ).

Struc

The Redline Shockproof *light* is the blue/green colored stuff. I have it in my transfer case.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned