The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need ABS wiring diagram, and WTF box is under center console

gtluke

Ripping out the ABS wiring, anyone have a diagram? I got half way through and fond some of the wires connected to some box under the center console, where the seat belts retract. I searched around for a while here and it's called a body control module? but wtf does it do? do i still need it? i have manual belts now.

Thanks!
-Luke

I think it's an accelerometer that the ABS computer uses, so you probably don't need it anymore.

gtluke

IIRC that's the little box in the trunk no?

gtluke

woot! found it.
it's the automatic seat belt control unit, i don't need it.
i also found the ABS wiring diagrams. i totally forgot that nate's father in law gave me a set of factory manuals like 10 years ago. it's even got a sweet pull out poster of the entire car's electrical system.
hopefully i can finish this abortion tonight.

curtis

You need to get that big poster scanned and post is what you need to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gtluke

it's the same thing that's in the book, but it's on gloss white paper instead of poo brown newspaper. i'll fire up my scanner soon.

NateCrisman

hhhhmmm I should do that to 139 before putting the interior together. How much weight for the ABS wiring harness? 3lb?

gtluke

yeah, about that. sad thing is it's really hard to reuse the plastic wire protection things that are in place around ALL the bends the harness goes through (with the other trunk harness). One of the spots where you really see the extra mile and build quality of the galant is under the carpet. that wiring harness is placed in place better t han any car i've ever seen. I'm pretty sure i'll never get it back in those guides right, but I will try.
the auto seatbelt stuff saves a lot more weight. there is a huge metal bracket thingy under the console, and a little computer thing to go with it. and all the wiring.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned