The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel regulators

curtis

Everyone knows a walbro 255 over runs a stock regulator but people still try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif The outlet orifice is only like an 1/8 inch id. so its just the nature of the design. I was posed a question today about a second gen car with this problem. My buddy had an evo regulator on hand and was going to try it out because all the mounting dims looked to be the same. Didn't call back to tell me if it worked or cured the problem but the evos don't have a problem with this so maybe he inadvertently found a new cheap upgrade. Said the lines were a little off but was doable. I'll post up what he says tomorrow.

bigblock4g63

the stock dsm fuel pressure regulator's biggest probelm is a lack of flow. if you upgrade the fuel delivery to the rail via a larger pump, fuel pressure can become too high at low fuel demand and mess with low-speed fueling. the general rule is to upgrade the regulator when you upgrade the fuel pump.

the evo fuel pressure regulator is similar to the dsm regulator, but these cars dont have the same problems with rising fuel pressure. partly this is due to the better regulator, and partly to the improved fuel plumbing back to the tank.

bigblock4g63

the stock evo fuel system doesnt need a regulator if you change the fuel pump and keep the stock ecu. the factory fuel pump drive circuit uses a two stage voltage system that reduces pump flow at,idle preventing it from overwhelming the fpr. the regulator itself its also a little better, which meanss that an upgrade isnt necessary on an evo 4g63t until power levels and fuel flow needs go way beyond pump gas levels or if you want another tuning variable.

I'm actually looking for a guinea pig to test an FPR for me. I need someone with a known FPR overrun issue, with a 190 or 255 lph pump and a fuel pressure gauge. I'm hoping I have a cheaper, bolton solution.

curtis

Jeff FTW.....actually FTS (for the scare)

Stuff you do with electronics is just scary. My mind just can't think electrons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned