The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Head gasket question, not my VR4 though

deez

A short time ago, I bought an 88 Conquest with a blown head gasket. it ran, but blew steam. I just got done doing the head gasket, drove it around the block, and noticed a slight amount of milkyness in the oil. Well the car had sat for 5 years, so I hoped it was just condensation or coolant that got into the oil passages when I did the head gasket. I just changed the oil, drove it for about 3 miles, popped the oil filler to see if there was any milky look, and steam or smoke came out of the valve cover for some time. I checked the oil on the dipstick, and it looks fine. So, if its steam from water mixing, can there be that much water in the oil to cause it to steam out the valve cover? And if so, wouldn't there be obvious signs in the oil and the water level dropping? How can I tell whats going on here?

deez

the head is new, as for the block, I just put it back together.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts