The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rack play and the sealant of unnobtanium!

kaptainballistik

Morning all... In this episode of "That friggin Rallycar needs fixin AGAIN......"

I need to adjust the play in the Rack, Hence I need to remove the preload Plugbolt, Check the spring, and retorque. ( and steal bits from other racks lying about...)

So the manual says to use 3M ADT to seal the nut.....WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? Google comes up with a blank... Can I just use silastic or loctite?

Thats it..................... Im working on the RX2 and drinking lots............... :frustrated:

Terry Posten

Well, in my industry, "ADT" stands for "Another Dumb Technician". So, I would think 3M ADT means "3 more another dumb technicians". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cspetros

Actually, I think it's "ATD" listed in the manual, and there should be 3m product code following it, like here:

Here is a place that sells 3M items: 3M Sealant/stuff

Get the number and look through the list. If you find it, buy something "equivalent" (the manual says its ok)
(for instance, 3M ATD 8660 is a Silicone Sealer, like RTV)

Hope this helps. No dumb technicians required /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned