The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil pickup

I'm putting my motor back together and got the rods, crank and main caps on, but i have 2 extra washers. Are these needing to go on the oil pickup to elevate it? I should took a picture before i tore it down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

prove_it

how big are the washers? I hope they are not for the studs.

fivestardsm

Are you running the stock cap bolts? or ARP studs?

Quoting 9t1tsi:
I'm putting my motor back together and got the rods, crank and main caps on, but i have 2 extra washers. Are these needing to go on the oil pickup to elevate it? I should took a picture before i tore it down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

No, the oil pump sits perfectly flush against the front case (with a small gasket in between)

its the support arm and i have arp mains so the bolts are black nuts are black and the washers are black too. The washers are all indentical the outside diameter and the inside diameter

Struc

Just cut off the support arm - you don't need it. 2G's don't even have one from the factory.

fivestardsm

Thats not the Qestion on hand here. He is asking why he has extra washers from his ARP set. I wouold like to tell you its because the guys that package them cant count. I had a set of head studs that had an extra washer in them. Did they give you an extra nut also? Maybe call ARP and ask them.

I still dont belive that it is a good idea to cut the suport off either.

fivestardsm

It sounds like they want you to put one washer on the head of the nut that is already holding the cap down, and then put your pickup on, then the next washer, folowed by the nut.

I can't guarantee this, just makes a little sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

thats what i thought, but i want to make sure before i button this thing up!

bazeng

I dont think there would be enough thread on the ARP stud if this was the case, unless they now supply one longer stud????

I still use the pickup arm just in case...

Instead I had to use 2 washers and 1 nut, ie

NUT
WASHER
PICKUP ARM
WASHER (GIRDLE IN MY CASE)
MAIN CAP

hope that makes sense

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts