The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ugh still trans problems: 95 tranny (so im told) wont work..

tkit213

wont work with 95-96 gsx transfer case. could the guy with the transmission be misinformed and the trans he has is actually a 97-99 tranny? in which case the 95-96 xcase wont work with it? and if it IS 97-99 will it work with the galant...

uuuugh. any help is appreciated. cars been in the shop close to a month and trans problems. spider gears were going out and were breakin axles... and when i take it to the shop the guy says he has a transmission laying around in great shape hed sell to me for cheap. so i do it. and no transfer cases from 95-96 gsx wont work. what to do what to do.

ktmrider

Post up the tranny number, should be able to tell with that.

mitsuturbo

if the output shafts are the same between 1g and 2g, i have a buttload of 1g output shafts.. maybe i have one you could swap in

tkit213

much appreciated. im going to try another transfer case from a 97-99 and hope it works and while im there ill get the trans number. thansk guys, its such a head ache.

tkit213

eh. crap. the output shaft will be different meaning it wont work. grrrrreat. there a way to get the output shaft to work with the galant still?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts