The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tranny spline count help!

hey can someone explain what splines to count when people refer to 22 or 23 splines are these the only two spline count numbers to look for or is there others , is it the transfer case splines or is it the splines that hold the clutch on? thanks to whom ever

deez

If I remember right, the 23 spline is the transfer case that has a housing that is aluminum and steel, where the 22 spline is all aluminum. And that would refer to the interface between the tranny and the transfer case. The info is somewhere on jackstransmissions.com

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^That's a good rule of thumb, but they made a cast iron 22 spline, so it's best to count it out.

prove_it

I have a 22 and a 23 count t case, both are cast iron.
You can't really go by that.

cool , yeah i ended up counting it, ended up getting a whole new tranny and tcase. thanks for the help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif fellas

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned