The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HELP

I recently put on a magnus intake with an fftec throttle body which is a 75mm mustang throttle body by the way but im having issues with my throttle bracket not fitting right.Any one know what i can do to get it to sit right or will I have to build a bolt on bracket to mount it to? any help appreciated.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

the car high revs with it in the bolt position i have to almost take the throttle cable off to get it to idle right but it idles awesome..

fivestardsm

If you cant adjust it, you will probably have to modify the bracket.

ktmrider

You eliminated the ISC and FIAV with the new TB. How bout the closed idle switch? Any and all of these items ( or lack thereof ) can contribute to idle surge.
BTW where in NM are you?

still got fiav tb came wih an adapter for it and isc is for a mustang its brand new though other than that i made a plate for the throttle bracket and it works awesome my air fuel is at 14.7 to 15.5 while surging its 14.7 when its idling smooth?

fivestardsm

Cool, so the plate worked. Most likely it was acting up because it was having issues tunning it self to the higher than normal idle.

fivestardsm

By the way, would you happen to have any pics of your mod for future refference? I have heard of this problem before with the same, or close to same application you are working with. What I have seen, is an adapter plate that bolts to the original mount plate, that had holes offset to accomidate for a better adjustability of the cable. It usually only took an inch or so to make it work.

Here's those pics!

l_3169b7f7aa8246e7a0eda123dfdf36f6.jpg

l_81ca0484bcc94d689d9079abf3ab54b3.jpg

l_5745633e6a054cbaaba81ecaf5769b1e.jpg

Quoting ktmrider:
You eliminated the ISC and FIAV with the new TB. How bout the closed idle switch? Any and all of these items ( or lack thereof ) can contribute to idle surge.
BTW where in NM are you?

I'm in roswell I'm on ABQ-DSM ktmrider

ktmrider

Ah yes, T70, shoulda looked at the number again....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned